Do you leave your lights on at night? NPR reported recenlty that it might make more sense to get to know your neighbors better instead. Read the full story here and plan a pot luck.
Tips For Keeping Your Home Safe
- During the day, turn off your outdoor lights and leave your alarm system on.
- Install motion-detecting lights.
- Set timers for your lights, TVs and radios to mimic human activity.
- Get to know your neighbors.
- Turn off your lights if there is no one around to see them.
- Establish a neighborhood watch.